Looking for that oriental flavor without the extra calories? Here’s alternative to healthy stir “fry” rice which taste the same, if not better than what you would order out; it’s also so simple that you won’t need to wait the 45 minutes to start eating.
****Note I don’t have much time so; I try to find things I can cook/steam in the microwave.
One minute Brown rice
Frozen Stir Fry Veggies
2Tbs (40 Calories) Olde Cape Cod Fat free sesame Ginger Marinade
1Tbs (10 Calories) La Choy Stir Fry Teriyaki sauce and Marinade
Kikkoman Less sodium soy sauce (only a pinch due to sodium count)
Shrimp or chicken or even both!
1. Prepare your shrimp or chicken, shrimp is a lot simpler, but with chicken I just cook it in my George Foreman Grill and slice it into think pieces, prior to mixing it in with the veggies
2. Spray pan with Pam spray or alternative
3. Steam stir fry veggies in pan
4. Microwave or cook your minute brown rice. I use ½ cup cooked rice. This varies on your weight and size.
5. Add chicken or shrimp to veggies
6. Add Teriyaki, soy sauce and sesame ginger marinade, mix and let cook for a few minutes
7. Add cooked rice mix, let simmer and serve!
It’s a very quick and simple recipe and super tasty. Feel free to add more veggies or experiment with different protein substances. Enjoy !